Ross has made a call for participation in an interesting Dream Mergers contest of sorts. Since the wiki’s "recent changes" do not list the name of who added each contribution, I thought I would go on the record with mine, just to be able to look (now and/or later).
So here we go, note that this is pure imagination, and not the result of anything "I would have heard". And let’s not get too serious on this one, OK ?
- Google hires Jimmy Wales to run Wikimedia "from within" (or at least tries to)
- SixApart acquires FeedBurner
- Sun acquires SocialText and WordPress, Inc and bundles them with Solaris 10 as a ready-to-deploy publishing solution
- Sun acquires JBoss and MySQL, and becomes the professional Open Source company
- Google picks up Kayak.com
- IBM acquires JotSpot, connects its back-end to Lotus Notes, and makes it its entry level collaboration platform
- Yahoo brings in Eric Rice (AudioBlog), Google retaliates and buy Evan Williams again, now for Odeo
- Microsoft buys Expedia
Agree/disagree ? Feel free to comment, or add your ideas to the wiki.