Jeff "BuzzMachine" Jarvis has just announced in his post "Onward" that he had left his job at Advance.net to do *a lot* of new things, "all related to changing news and to citizens’ media".
So what will Jeff (who I know from his board involvement at Moreover Technologies) do in his new incarnation, as Buzzmachine LLC ? Check this out:
- Work on content development About.com, working with Martin Nisenholtz at The New York Times Company
- Act as editor in chief of a new (stealth) news start-up
- Work with the new City University of New York Graduate School of Journalism as the school launches
- Hanging out my consulting shingle to take on a few good projects
- Write a book
- And of course, blog, blog, blog, and blog.
Most of these tasks would be close to full time for most of us, but the man is not like… most of us. So best of luck Jeff, and see you around.
Update: Heather Green over at BusinessWeek BlogSpotting has posted an interview of Jeff Jarvis.